Monday, September 20, 2010

Email - September 20, 2010

So this week was very good, I am coming to learn to love. Love is universal, Spanish and English are not, but I can love and that will show. It won´t only show, it will be felt! I had some great ups, and some heartbreaks this week.

With one family Bermello Arriaga, there is a husband of 17yrs the wife of 26 with 2 kids of 9 and 8 years old with a baby 2 months on the way. They are always nice, always let us in and we can just laugh and love and teach the gospel. We have been working on getting them married and baptized and things were going well, but they lack confidence in each other and are at a big, big pit stop. I had an awesome experience in simply opening my mouth and letting the Lord fill it as I asked them 2 questions. 1- have you talked this over with each other? and 2- have you talked this over together WITH THE LORD IN PRAYER? I bore solemn testimony of the power of prayer and the love he has for us, for all of us are his children. That was just awesome and the spirit was vibrant! But the next day to pick them up for church, nobody. They are a family of ups, great ones too, but real hard falls and I long for their success. I long for their salvation and don´t want to lose them. I am worried for them. That is quick on them, but I don’t have much time.

Next is the family Navia, a mom and dad with 3 kids. They have been with missionaries off and on, but are really doĆ­ng well right now! We have been working through issues with them, and little by little they are progressing! We hit a huge jump this week, this Wednesday they are getting married and this Saturday have a baptismal date! That was really great to hear and get working on! They are fragile and we are working on building their faith in the Lord and testimony of what they are getting into.

Also we have a family that has big issues with a divorce and THEN a marriage in order to follow desires of baptism. Their kids can be baptized and we are working real hard on them. With this family we could have 4 baptisms, but REALLY need to stress a testimony and importance of this step for half of them just bumble around during our lessons and do what the others do. They are 9, 10, 13, and 14.

Finally with baptisms, we have a set of brothers, Bryan and Daniel (14 and 10 ) who we got to church yesterday and they are just awesome! Hopefully they continue to grow in their testimony and faith, they live right by our mamita, so we get to see them a lot.

I know this was really quick with all of them, but I don’t have much time today. I am coming to learn that Love is crucial. It is tough for the work moves when you learn to love, but that is when you want it to slow down!

I´m preparing for 7 days of famine after these 7 days of prosperity this week. ´This week almost every appointment we´ve had and every house we´ve been to, the people feed us and they feed us tons! I have been in heaven with the food, (I haven´t found a dish I don’t like, except for the squeaky cheese haha) but this week was filled with food! BUT last night we got a call from the Zone Leaders saying we won´t be receiving any money on our cards this week... we have almost nothing to buy food this week, so after the 7 days of prosperity, here comes the 7 days of famine! Haha wish me luck! All should be fine, no worries.

Something I´ve learned this week that I absolutely love that we can all apply. As missionaries, we promise miracles, literally. We are not in people´s lives, but we tell them all will be okay, they can get married, they can get a divorce, they can quit smoking this or that. We promise absolute miracles, AND miracles happen! God is a God of Miracles, right from the scriptures, and these miracles we promise come on something simple - faith. Read Hebrews 11 and ALL the miracles that happened with great people, why? Faith. Pray to our Lord, have faith, and act in the faith!

As a representative of Jesus Christ, I promise each and every one of you that read this, that all your desires will be obtained, all your hurdles will be blown away, all your struggles will diminish, if you ACT in the FAITH in the LORD JESUS CHRIST who overcame everything for you and simply said 'Come Follow Me'.

I love you all so much and pray for you daily! Hasta Luego!

Elder Griffin McGinn

No comments:

Post a Comment