Monday, February 7, 2011

Email - February 7, 2011

What a week this has been, we flourished with appointments and numbers. Now the week ahead of us needs to change the numbers and appointments to consistency and souls. When you simply work in the ways the Lord provides, you flourish. We had NO ONE to teach the last week, so we sought the help of the members by asking references. In the past two weeks we've had close to 30 references, we just have to keep working, keep loving, and change these references into Progressing Investigators.

A testimony of mine that if we simply trust in the Lord, we never stop pushing, He really will make everything okay! He molds us with our faith, but faith isn't words, faith is action.
We've got one amazing investigator with a sad tale. LĂ­jia Mieles has a brother serving a mission in Quito and is interested in the gospel. She has really been progressing and even though it brings my stomach happiness too, it really shows just how interested she is by providing a meal with every visit! She even came to us and said 'Elders... I was talking to my brother and he was really excited for my desires to be baptized BUT... he said I have to get married.' Now we have our problem. She's not married, her 'husband' does not want marriage right now. It is 'something to consider,' But little by little we are helping them on their way. It is really hard when one wants and the other doesn't, and as missionaries we can't do a thing. Pray for her husband, Marcos, but I'm sure all will work out for the better.

I don't have much time, but want to end with one more story. I was absolutely blown away with a tender mercy of the Lord this week. We got a 13 year old Deacon to come with us for a few hours one day. His family is less active and he's a rougher kid, but wow. We visited 3 families and he got to give a simple, nervous, yet powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon, Eternal Life, and the Priesthood. What touched me more than anything was when we visited a 12 year old investigator who is really doing well. We asked Abel (the deacon with us) to share how he feels to be trusted with the Priesthood and he gave such a sweet testimony. As we left the lesson I heard him say to himself 'I want to be a missionary!'

I'm sorry that I don't have any time, but I was really touched this week by simply taking a deacon with us and being blown away by the love of the Lord and to recognize the great work we truly do out here. I love the work, I love you all, I KNOW that families are eternal and that in the temple we don't simply do work for the dead, but we can really connect with our loved ones who have passed on. I don't want to be anywhere else. Every day is the best day in the world cause you learn to let the Lord guide you through each curveball.

I love you, I will hear from you soon, and I hope to be an uncle by the next email!

Elder McGinn

No comments:

Post a Comment