Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Email & Pictures - November 7, 2011

As for me...I haven't showered in two days. We have no water. I took advantage and had a slick beard going on haha, but the water came back today and so did the razor. We'll have a baptism this week for sure! We're stoked, it has been a crazy week and big challenge for our sector has been the sector itself, this big mountain really gets in the way of church attendance. We keep searching for those who won't simply listen, but will act. I sent pictures of the hill, our Elders Quorum Pres. and Family, and Jimmy Quiroz who is simply waiting money to get married to get baptized. Everyone says that in simply one month I've lost a ton of weight up here! This mountain is a beast.

I want to share with you all something that has been on my mind all week. ´Share the Gospel, and when necessary, use words.' How do we do that wise guy? Haha Be an example of the believers. The Gospel is beautiful and so amazing, and just as the Savior shared from the Bible and the Book of Mormon 'así alumbra vuestra luz delante de los hombres, para que vean vuestras buenas obras y glorifiquen a vuestro Padre que está en los cielos.' We are the light of the world and that light will shine! The light is renewed as we partake of the sacrament and shines daily as we daily study the scriptures, converse with our Father in Heaven, serve others, hopefully front hurdles in life, attend the temple and the list goes on. Now I'm not judging you haha, but who of you that are reading this, that has the Higher Priesthood, has their consecrated oil valve with them? Yesterday we were given a moment in Priesthood and I asked the same type of question and the result was surprising. Men, carry it with you always. If you don't have one, get one, if you don't know how to use it, learn how, if you are struggling and may not use your priesthood, do what needs to be done and become that Father, Husband, and Son your families need! I had two experiences this week were I learned the importance of being worthy, being ready and doing as the Lord commands with His power. I had the sweet experience to comfort two fellow missionaries, down, depressed and hopeless; both moments started by heeding a spiritual prompting to forget me and both ended with two of the sweetest blessings of comfort and counsel I have ever been a part of. The Priesthood is to be used and I am so grateful that the Lord trust us with it!

As for the rest of you... haha just joking. But yesterday in Fast and Testimony Meeting, how many got up and bore their testimony? If not, when was the last time? I challenge you all next month to get up and bear your testimony and truly see the light you will bring into the lives of others. I got up to bear my testimony and it was a true joy to see people like you and me who pass through trials, yet we lean on God and seek His guidance to feel hope again. As I bore my testimony of My Savior and My love for Him, it was a joy to see faces soften, shoulders lighten, families sit a little closer together, couples that forgive each other, parents who receive hope, youth who have a spark light up inside. It was a beautiful experience yesterday, after a rough week, to get up, share my testimony, see the need of hope on the face of all present, and feel the hope brought into their lives upon listening. Like Jacob said, the word of Christ is 'the word that heals the wounded soul,' la palabra que sana al alma herida. You can do so much good for those who surround you. Be worthy of your priesthood men, young men; be ready to use it wherever you are; share your testimonies, look to satisfy the needs of those around you and your joy will be full as is mine. In the mission I have learned that there is no time for me! Though I just want to talk about me and I'm so wonderful, in this life there is no time to worry about me. Look to lift, Seek to Serve and God shall take care of the rest for you and those you love.

In closing, it has been fun to get to know and see changes in the Lopez family. We ate lunch there last week, the husband is not a member. WAHOO! They went from problems in their home, hopeless without work, to more love, hope and optimism in seeking a new job and happier kids. What was the key? They began to pray as a family. Morning and night. Carlos is happy, he wants to get baptized. He will soon. The Gospel changes lives, that testimony is reassured DAILY in the mission and I simply pray that each of you see the blessings of doing so...not cause you see it in others, but rather cause you have them as a family.

Cristo vive, el es mi Salvador y me ama tanto. El les ama a ustedes también y solo pide que hagamos caso a Sus mandamientos. La única cosa que une a las familias y lo hace para siempre es hacer las cosas que nos hacen dignos de entrar en el Santo Templo y hacerlo! Amo orar, amo estudiar las escrituras, amo tener la guía del espíritu y amo ver los cambios en las vidas de los demás cuando reciben la motivación de alguien que les apoya. Sírvanse. Apóyense. Ámense.

Love you all!

Elder McGinn

No comments:

Post a Comment