Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Email - July 25, 2011

Thanks for the Joke Mase, speaking of Rats... we have one in our HOUSE! In companionship study... all turned bad as I saw a little (rather large) black thing scitter in my peripheral vision. All sights set on killing the beast now, we ran out, got a big pole, cornered it, and yet somehow it disappeared! We found its home and put a 25lb dumbbell over it, sucker. I won't lie, there are some nasty rats down here, the size of the beasts in Princess Bride!

Bueno... ¿con qué empiezo? Tal vez ingles... Sorry I don't have much time, but I thank you all for your prayers for Ronald and Genesis, Lenín, and Carlos and Mariuxi, miracles happen in the mission! Ronald and Genesis are still listening, progressing, but not as much as hoped, they will be baptized once they get married, but we'd like them to realize the importance and the need NOW. Lenín is such a trooper, he is fighting so hard to drop drinking. He didn't come to church this week. We'll see him tonight, but we've had two conversations with him drunk by telephone.

I about lost hope with Carlos and Mariuxi this week, they needed to come to church to be baptized this coming Saturday and nothing... AND their mother, who is member, was already there without them. BUT as sacrament finished, they came walking in, they arrived just a bit late and waited for the Sacrament to finish! What a miracle! And many more, yet I don't have time. They are passing for a trial right now, and please keep them in your prayers. They have had so many witnesses that it's true, yet don't recognize them. Please pray for them, they have a baptism goal for this Saturday. They are still 'looking for the sign'. In your prayers please include them and Andres Lopez. I haven't ever talked about him and it is a witness to me of the miracles the Lord works! We have been working so hard to get these baptisms in July and there have been so many issues in the way! We had a baptism yesterday, a 9 year old whose father is inactive, his mother is not member but in the comings, and has been great to see the changes made in his family.

But back to Andres! One Sunday, Elder Franco called all the investigators in the morning to invite them to church. He didn't know who Andres Lopez was, and Andres told him that he had a meeting in the morning, but would see what happens. He came to church twice about 2 months ago, we've never taught him with his busy schedule, I had almost forgotten him! After the phone call, to our surprise he came to church in shirt and tie! Elder Franco didn't even recognize him! Haha, we had to run after, but we got a visit scheduled. As we passed by on Wednesday, he told us that he wants to be baptized and accepted a date for the 30th so excitedly, thinking he'd have to wait longer. He is 19, he dropped drinking to win the trust of his mom. He is accepting the commandments so easily because he really wants to show with his example, a change of life towards his dad.

I bet you are all confused reading this haha, but the point is, the Lord placed the miracles in our path with the diligence we put forth this week. We could have 5 baptisms, but a family took off on emergency stuff, but we should still have 3 baptisms. That'll be 4 in July and 5 in the past transfer! We are panicked trying to get these baptisms in, but I know all will turn out. We have had absolute miracles this week! I hardly worked in our sector, doing interchanges with the District Leaders sent me far and away, but that was a sweet experience. I was able to see, in both occasions, two leaders who were stuck and without hope turn for guidance, receive it, and bless the rest in their way.

I have grown so much in my love for the Savior; that is the call he makes to all of us! That when we are without hope, sad, in panic, TURN TO HIM, BE COMFORTED (like Ammon and his buddies) and then share that comfort with those in your reach. That is the mission; that is life. I am learning to simply lose myself in the great work, even lose my sector to help those in my Zone and ALWAYS, ALWAYS The Lord has come through to help me, my companion, and the miracles in our sector. I hope you got something from this letter that helps you personally.

That's how every day in the mission is for me. Pray for miracles, keep the Spirit with you, and simply go when prompted. There is nothing better, sweeter, or happier than pure obedience to the One who simply beckons us to Come, to Repent, to Live, to Rejoice, to Be Comforted.

I love this mission, I love my Savior, I am grateful for His part in the Plan of Salvation. We are all in it for the same purpose, Eternal Life, and the guidance shall come perfectly packaged for each and every one of us as Important Children of God.

Elder McGinn

No comments:

Post a Comment