Monday, April 30, 2012

Email & Pictures - April 30, 2012

Well... looks like I'm going to have to extend a few more weeks, Syd won't get her braces off for another 3ish months. I can't see her like that! Just kidding. I sent you pictures of sandwiches we made and me up in my sector in Tarqui, it is a lot like Mapasingue and is so fun.

 This week has been FULL of miracles. I have a strong testimony of 'the blessings always come, even if they take awhile.' This week was crazy, I got to do exchanges with the missionaries from my old sector Mapasingue and that was a blast! We did a quick trip with President for a few conferences and meetings and great news with the investigators. I thank you for your prayers towards Sandra. We lost all contact with her, like with MarĂ­a Agusta, and finally at the end of the week she said she had a baptismal date in mind! That was unexpected. We hadn't spoken with her for almost a week. She is living faithfully the Word of Wisdom and decided to have her interview after church. She passed her interview with flying colors and after a lot of doubts, personal persecution and family issues, she will be baptized this Saturday! She has been a rough one, simply cause we haven't seen or heard from her hardly, but I am convinced of the power of the Book of Mormon, she has been constant, therefore she has been protected.

 Let me tell you of another miracle. Church last week was awesome. A girl named Ayda showed up with her family, they are all members but her. She listened for years to the Jehovah Witnesses. She loved church, we gave her a Book of Mormon and got a visit set for the next day (last Monday). We talked about church, taught the Restoration and invited her to be baptized and she said YES! She said that the night before she had had a dream in which her father had baptized her in the Baptismal Font in our chapel. She is progressing very quickly. We will have two wonderful baptisms this weekend. Eliana, our recent convert, is doing awesome and helping us visit and motivate these other two girls. She will be a great missionary, she is teaching her sister on the side cause her sister hates it when we talk about baptism.

 These past two weeks have been rougher ones, yet these past two days have been full of blessings for simply enduring FAITHFULLY to the end. I simply would like to urge you to continue faithfully. We had a Regional Conference yesterday where Elder Scott, Elder Christofferson, Elder Nash and Sister Cook spoke to all of Ecuador. That was a common theme and has strengthened my testimony. We KNOW the blessings will come, and if they don't come in the way we would like, we should remember the promise of Life Eternal, there is no greater blessing D&C 76:4-5.

 I love this work with all my heart. I have so much to give still and it will be given, there are no doubts of that. Just like track and just like Christ lived - we are going through the finish line, we are busting the tape. I know why I have come and for how long, we're not finished yet. Christ is my Savior, I love Him with all my heart. God listens to us as we pray and sends His Holy Spirit to comfort us. Let us do all that is in our reach to stay worthy of such blessings.

 Elder McGinn

No comments:

Post a Comment